Contact(s) Miss. Vidiya Amrit Khan - Director EMAIL desh@deshgroup.com
Contact details Awal Center 7th floor, 34, Kemal Ataturk Avenue, 1213, Dhaka
Phone +88029822019
Fax +88018826049
Website www.deshgroup.com
Nearest airport/city Chittagong
Distance in km 40

PRODUCT RANGE
casual and formal woven shirts for men and boys. Ladies woven shirts and basic blouses

SPECIALS
Desh is a dedicated manufacturer for the last 38 years. We have expert sourcing skills, material management, our own packaging for carton boxes and packing material and our own clearing& forwarding company
The factory is located in Chittagong- the showroom and Head office in Dhaka

COMPANY DESCRIPTION
DESH GARMENTS LIMITED (established 1977) is the flagship company of Desh group of companies and the pioneer of the RMG industry and is the first 100% export oriented ready-made garment industry in Bangladesh.

At its time of inception, Desh was one of the single largest and most modern garment manufacturing units in the sub-continent, with central air-conditioning, power generation, conveyor belts, Korean technicians and a full complement of well educated internationally trained management and workers.

In 1978, Desh Garments Ltd. sent 130 workers and management trainees to the garment manufacturing unit of Daewoo in Pusan, South Korea, to be trained in the skills of corporate management and the know how of garments manufacturing. The 130 Desh selected trainees returned home after a nine-month training period to form the nucleus of the RMG sector’s technology and its core human resource base.

Desh Garments Ltd. was twice recipient of the President’s National Award and Grand Prix for Commercial Quality 1988 in Europe, for highest export earnings for two consecutive years. The founder of the group, Late M. Noorul Quader is acknowledged as the “Father” of the 100% export oriented ready-made garment industry, the innovator of the Bonded Warehouse system and the Back-to-Back Letter of Credit system.


PRODUCTION DATA
CAPACITY 250,000pcs per month
sewing line 10
MOQ 3000pcs per style/ 1500 pcs per color
PRODUCTION LEADTIME 120 days after PO sheet
CONDITIONS 120 days after PO sheet

EXPORT EXPERIENCE
Previously we have produced for Walmart, JC Penny, PVH, Capital Mercury, Target etc. Now we are working with PVH (USA), KOHL’S (USA), ALDI (GERMANY), SEAN JOHN (USA), INNOVATION (UK), ZOO YORK (USA) and some small buyers of Europe & Middle East. 80% of our garments are produced for the USA market. The remaining 20% goes to the EU. We hope to increase our EU market share by 30% to 40%.

CERTIFICATION
We have the certificate of Alliance, BSCI, PVH approval, WRAP and Li & Fung. We are now working for SEDEX. Recently transferred from Alliance to Accord